Friday, February 4, 2011

...And Never Surrender

There is a point in your life, when you realize what you need to do. What has to be done. What you will spend the rest of your life doing. How everything is going to turn out. Well, I'm not even remotely there yet. My life changes every day. Every minute I learn something new. Every day my emotions change. This life is a constantly changing me to be who I am today, and who I am today will be someone new tomorrow.

But throughout it all, I know there are certain people I can count on. No matter who you are or what is your relationship with people, your family means more to you than you would let on. I found this out as I moved out on my first day of college. Excited for months, I found myself crying in the driveway as I waved to my family as they drove away from me.

Even still, you can always count on your family to always be your family. No matter what either you or they do, they will still be your family when it comes to your final day on this earth.

More important is your faith (or not) in a higher power. Even though everyone has their own faith, own beliefs; what we believe is outstandingly true. No matter where I go in life, no matter where my emotions and learning takes me, I will always believe in what I find as my true faith.

Every night before I close my eyes, I pray to my Lord, "Stay With Me Here Now, And Never Surrender."

No comments:

Post a Comment