Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Work, Work, Work

I never realized how many little things take up a lot of your overall time. I started a new student organization on campus; I didn't realize how much work it would be to fund it and put it on its feet. I guess that everything in life comes with a price and most often, that price is time.

This poses another question, which is more important in your college life: outside extracurricular/career work or campus education work? Sometimes I just can't help but think that I should be enjoying this time doing something that interests me, something that I have a passion for, rather than sitting locked up in a library studying for my next midterm. I do believe that education is one of, if not the greatest thing that an individual can accomplish and be proud of during their life.

Ever since I was a young girl, I had no doubt in my mind about my future education plans. I always knew that I would be a Badger (like my dad), and I knew that I would major in something that had to do with mathematics. I appreciate the ability that I have to go to school at one of the best universities in the United State. I appreciate the slight pushes my family gave me to get me to this point in my education. Every individual should have the chance to a great education. But again, that education is a personal choice. It is a personal choice to get a two year degree, a four year degree, a masters, a PhD, or even no degree. So in that case, is it better to spend 100% of your time in college, devoted to college? Are you supposed to "spread your wings" and experiment with what the campus and city has to offer you? Is college more important than real work experience?

I think my mind is just rambling with thoughts and questions; maybe that is a sign for bedtime. Sleep well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment