Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Unexpected Consequences:

A simple night can turn into something completely unexpected. A simple errand can become more complicated than ever imagined. Tonight was about celebrating the end of my midterms by going to Walmart and picking up a bag of my favorite candy: sour gummy worms. Once we stepped foot in the door, we realized that they keys were locked in the truck. Sadly, Tyler spent an hour calling people, trying to find someone to drive over to us our other set of spare keys. Then we spent another hour waiting for them to arrive. After all was said and done, I felt like I deserved two bags of gummy worms. Thus, here I am, sitting on the couch, drinking apple juice and eating a nice bag of sour gummy worms.

I am not complaining. Sure, it was stressful trying to figure out how we were going to get home or even when we were going to get home. But overall, Walmart is not the worst place to get lost. I mean, there is always something to do there. And I will probably be the first one to admit that I lose my temper and get angered easily, but at least I will apologize and work to make things better. After all, you never know how you are going to feel about something until after it happened. Maybe three years from now, I will laugh with Tyler about that time that we were stuck at Walmart at midnight, calling to wake people up to bring us home. Actually, I am laughing about it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment